Which address should you give while police verification for visa?


The Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) is issued to Indian citizens looking to move to a foreign country for the purpose of employment, long term stay or residential stay. People travelling abroad on tourist visa cannot apply for PCC from Indian authorities. Police verification is done both at permanent as well as current address. You will have to give both the addresses. This will be compulsory in case your permanent address and current address are different.

Police Verification will be done before issuance of passport. Now as in your current address, the rent agreement has not yet been made, you can then request the landlord for the same. Also if he doesn’t make the same, you can issue a legal notice to him. You can also show the bills paid over the property as a proof of the residence. This can be your gas bill, electricity bill and so on.

You will have to note that, only the present address will be endorsed on the passport and not the permanent address. This is essential as the passport will have only one address mentioned in it. Address proof is required only for the present address of the applicant, irrespective of the period of stay at the present address. However, addresses of all places of residence during the last one year have to be furnished by the applicant to enable police verification.

Reference: Rent Control Act,1948



Ask FREE question
Ask Question
Eg - Start with How, Why, What, Should I, When will...? etc
Thank you.  Please share the below details
* If you are outside India, mention WhatsApp Number with Country Code
Place of Property / Employment / Legal Issue / Residence / Your City