What should I do if I sold vehicle to olx and he sold to another person also that person has committed crime? What should I do if ownership name has not been changed.


You can send the copy is Form 29 and 30 to RTO with the ID proof of you and the buyer mentioning the date of sale and also that you aren’t responsible for and misuse of the bike by any means

you have been negligent in not transferring your scooter/bike in the name of the holder to whom you have sold the vehicle and he has further sold it to someone else. You can transfer the bike in the favour of the next purchaser with the concerned RTO, by asking the person to whom you have sold the bike that the next purchaser get the same registered in his name.

If somebody sells her/her vehicle then it is to be communicated to the registering authority within 14 days by submitting a prescribed form. This form contains a signature of purchaser. It means it is a joint responsibility. But for any reason the vehicle is NOT transferred, then all legal responsibility lies with the owner whose name is there in official records of registering authority

Add a copy of sale agreement and dispatch a copy to regional transport office as well.
Also, publish an information in the local newspaper that i have sold this vehicle and all further consequences and losses from it will be borne by buyer.

Reference: The Motor Vehicles Department was set up under the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988 and is responsible for setting up all the transportation rules and regulations in India. Every state in the country has its own Regional Transport Offices or RTOÕs that enforce these rules and carry out other functions pertaining to driving licences, vehicle registrations, vehicular tax collections, validating vehicle insurance, carrying out pollution checks, and other such services. The RTOÕs also play a part in the selling of used cars, and without their verification, no sale will be deemed legitimate

When it comes to selling a used car, there is a certain procedure that needs to be followed very strictly. One of the biggest and most important parts is the filling and submitting of the forms required for a successful sale. The forms required are Form 28, Form 29, Form 30, and Form 35. While these forms can be found at any RTO

When you sell a used car to a third-party buyer, the RTO from where the car was initially registered has to be reported. Form 29 helps in this process. You will require 2 copies of Form 29 for submission at the RTO, and in it, it should explain how all the documents during the sale, such as the Pollution Under Control (PUC), Registration Certificate (RC), and insurance have been submitted to the buyer.

Form 30 is required after Form 29 has been submitted to the RTO. Once you report to the RTO that the vehicle has been sold to a buyer, Form 30 lets the RTO know that the transfer of ownership should be done urgently. In the form, it mentions that all the forthcoming legalities that are concerned with the vehicle should be transferred to the new buyer. Form 30 has to be submitted to the RTO within 14 days after the car has been sold. In order to complete the sale, you need 2 copies of Form 30.



Ask FREE question
Ask Question
Eg - Start with How, Why, What, Should I, When will...? etc
Thank you.  Please share the below details
* If you are outside India, mention WhatsApp Number with Country Code
Place of Property / Employment / Legal Issue / Residence / Your City