What is the procedure to rectify mistake in leaving certificate?


As you have stated that there is a spelling mistake on leaving certificate of primary school due to which the same mistake has been made in all the other documents of college. To rectify the mistake you will have to start from the beginning that is from your primary school. You will have to approach the school and tell them about the problem. Then you will have to submit an application in the School with the relevant copies of documents which has the correct sub-cast mentioned in it.

Then you will have to obtain an affidavit from local notary and approach the officer regarding change of sub-caste. Make an affidavit on a non-judicial stamp paper of minimal and mention the reason of name and date change. You will have to make an affidavit stating that there is a spelling mistake in the in the sub-caste column on your leaving certificate. After making the affidavit you will have to get it notarized and then you will have to submit the affidavit along with the application and all the other relevant documents in the primary school.

Once the mistake has been rectified and the correct sub-caste has been mentioned by your school in the leaving certificate then you can approach your college with the documents and you will have to follow the same procedure.




Ask FREE question
Ask Question
Eg - Start with How, Why, What, Should I, When will...? etc
Thank you.  Please share the below details
* If you are outside India, mention WhatsApp Number with Country Code
Place of Property / Employment / Legal Issue / Residence / Your City