What is the Procedure to get a backdated marriage certificate for dependent visa?


A Marriage Certificate is the proof of registration of a marriage. The need for a Marriage Certificate arises in case you need to prove that you are legally married to someone, for purposes like obtaining a passport, changing your maiden name, etc.

Yes, it is possible. Just apply for a “After Marriage” Registration Certificate. In the said marriage form, put the date of marriage as per your own convenience and you will receive the said marriage certificate which is legal having a back date.

The individuals are required to fill the form and submit it to the marriage registrar in one of the districts in which either of the individuals has resided for not less than a month.

The marriage may be allowed only after 30 days unless there is any sort of objection from any of the individual.

The marriage is required to take place only at the specified marriage office.

Both the individuals are required to be present physically at the time of marriage.

The presence of 3 eye witnesses.

The documents required for registration. The documents required are as follows:

-Passport sized photos of the individuals along with the given form and prescribed fee.
-Resident proof of the individuals.
-Birth certificate of the individuals.
-Photos and residential proof of eye witnesses.

Reference: Hindu Marriage Act

Special Marriage Act



Ask FREE question
Ask Question
Eg - Start with How, Why, What, Should I, When will...? etc
Thank you.  Please share the below details
* If you are outside India, mention WhatsApp Number with Country Code
Place of Property / Employment / Legal Issue / Residence / Your City