What is the notice period to be served in a school and wish to resign to my post as a teacher but the school is asking me to serve a three month notice period or pay and staff service rules book says that a 30 day notice period is sufficient and the academic year then a 90 day notice period should be served while we are at the verge of completion?


In case someone continues at another branch of the identical school, before the expiry of a year, they must get only required to be on probation for the remaining time of the overall and just in case of a permanent employee, a notice period of three months must be served before termination and in every organisation there are prescribed notice period and as you have got mentioned that preceding offer letter there was a notice period ok one month and so why a corporation insisting of three months notice period aur in lieu of salary because the father you have got remedy of to present notice aur live of salary as per your intention.

The notice period of a specific company is that the period between when an employee resigns from the present company till the time of the last working day and as a regular practice, it’s advised that an employee should serve the given notice period and employees will normally be contractually obligated to figure their notice period and sometimes it is not that straightforward and therefore the statutory notice period for an employee who resigns is one week and as if, that is, they have been working for you for one month or more.

Reference: Section 25F in The Industrial Disputes Act, 1947-notice in the prescribed manner is served on the appropriate Government or such authority as may be specified by the appropriate Government by notification in the Official Gazette and the compensation to workmen in case of transfer of undertakings. – 202100482-20210033-300



Ask FREE question
Ask Question
Eg - Start with How, Why, What, Should I, When will...? etc
Thank you.  Please share the below details
* If you are outside India, mention WhatsApp Number with Country Code
Place of Property / Employment / Legal Issue / Residence / Your City