What is the meaning of contested decreed with no cost?


Contested Ð decreed with no costs, means that you have lost the case.
No cost means, no additional cost needs to be paid except for what the opposite party has asked for.
You can ask your layer and if required appeal to the court order.
It must be done in 30 days form the court order.

¥ You can appeal from the original decree under Section 96 (2) of the Code of Civil Procedure
¥ Or you can apply for revision of the said order under Section 115 of the Code which takes the case to the High Court.
¥ Or you can opt for review of the judgement under Order XLVII Rule 1

For every appeal, there is a limited period, within which appeal should be filed. Such a limitation is provided under the Limitation Act, 1963.
For appeal, in case of a decree passed by lower court in civil suit, the limitation is:
¥ Appeal to High Court – 90 days from the date of decree or order.
¥ Appeal to any other court – 30 days from the date of Decree or order.

Section 96 of the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908;
Appeal from original decree.Ñ
(1) Save where otherwise expressly provided in the body of this Code or by any other law for the time being in force, an appeal shall lie from every decree passed by any Court exercising original jurisdiction the Court authorized to hear appeals from the decisions of such Court.
(2) An appeal may lie from an original decree passed ex parte.
(3) No appeal shall lie from a decree passed by the Court with the consent of parties.
[(4) No appeal shall lie, except on a question of law, from a decree in any suit of the nature cognisable by Courts of Small Causes, when the amount or value of the subject-matter of the original suit does not exceed [ten thousand rupees.]]

Reference: Section 96, 115, Order XLVII Rule 1 of the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908



Ask FREE question
Ask Question
Eg - Start with How, Why, What, Should I, When will...? etc
Thank you.  Please share the below details
* If you are outside India, mention WhatsApp Number with Country Code
Place of Property / Employment / Legal Issue / Residence / Your City