What action can be taken against photographer not providing wedding photos?



Firstly send a legal notice to the photographer, before filing a formal complaint. It is important for the consumer to give notice to the opposite party regarding the deficiency in service or unfair practice. This is to see if the other party is willing to offer to settle and pay the loss suffered by the consumer. If he refuses or neglects the notice, the you can approach the consumer court.

Submit a formal complaint as per section 13 of the Consumer Protection Act, 1986. Fill this complaint form and submit it to the commission. On a plain paper, mention the details of the complainant and the opposite party. Otherwise, you can consult consumer grievance redressal forums which also help consumers in filing and forming petition at nominal charges. One such non-governmental organisation is International Consumer Rights Protection Council. The consumer should file the complaint in the district forum which has under its jurisdiction the other party’s residence or office of profit or the area where the project is located. You have to submit the fee through a demand draft.

The consumer forum follows difference jurisdiction to entertain complaint, so assuming the claim is for less than Rs 20 lakh, the District Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum will hear the plea. If the claim is for more than Rs 20 lakh but less than Rs 1 crore, the State Consumer Dispute Redressal Commission will entertain the complaint. If the claim is more than Rs 1 crore, the National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission will attend to the plea.

Reference: Service, Cheating



Ask FREE question
Ask Question
Eg - Start with How, Why, What, Should I, When will...? etc
Thank you.  Please share the below details
* If you are outside India, mention WhatsApp Number with Country Code
Place of Property / Employment / Legal Issue / Residence / Your City