What action can be taken against people parking their vehicles in front of their houses on very narrow lanes, making it difficult for other vehicles to pass in North East district of Delhi?


File a complaint before local police station immediately under the ground of Wrongful restraint under Section 339 of the Indian Penal Code. Leaving a vehicle at rest on any public place in such a way as to cause or likely to cause danger, obstruction or undue inconvenience to other road users is an offence under Section 122 of The Motor Vehicles Act, 1988.

The three separate civic bodies namely South Delhi Municipal Corporation (SDMC) having four zonal areas i.e. Centre, South, West & Najafgarh, the North Delhi Municipal Corporation (NDMC) covers the Rohini, Civil Lines, Karol Bagh, City Sadar Pahadganj, Keshavpuram & Narela zones and the third Civic body i.e East Delhi Municipal Corporation (EDMC) consists of two zones namely Shahdara North & Shahdara South. So, in whichever zone you live, you can file a complaint in the municipal corporation of that area. You can register an online complaint on the website of the corporation putting in details of the inconvenience and uploading pictures.

Delhi Traffic Police, in its effort to curb parking mafia in the national capital, has asked people to come forward and complain about illegal parking in the city through their Facebook page and traffic helpline numbers 1095.

Delhiites can also lodge such complaints at Delhi Police’s anti-corruption WhatsApp helpline number 9910641064 where they can send audio and video clips as well.

Reference: Section 122 of The Motor Vehicles Act, 1988.

Basawaraj Sheelwant And Others v. Cantonment Board Of Pune And Others



Ask FREE question
Ask Question
Eg - Start with How, Why, What, Should I, When will...? etc
Thank you.  Please share the below details
* If you are outside India, mention WhatsApp Number with Country Code
Place of Property / Employment / Legal Issue / Residence / Your City