Is it safe to buy a land where there is a difference in area of land in Patta and EC?


A Patta is a crucial document which tells about the ownership of a particular property. It indicates about the person who has the rights to the property. For this reason, it is also known as ÒRecord Of Rights (ROR)Ó. The person who has his name registered in the Patta is considered to be the owner to be that property.On the other hand, an Encumbrance Certificate or (EC) is a certificate of assurance that the concerned property is free from any legal or financial liability such as a mortgage or pending loan. A Patta is one of the best proofs of ownership of a particular property. If any person has a Patta Land registered under his name, then he is the legal owner of that particular land.

For the evidence of ownership in a vacant land, the Patta is the most important document. As for a vacant land or plot, there is no other document which can prove the possession of that land. However, whenever you are buying a piece of land, no matter however small or however big, you are required to make sure every document is present and that it ensures the same details so as to avoid any confusion, mishap or difficulties in the future.




Ask FREE question
Ask Question
Eg - Start with How, Why, What, Should I, When will...? etc
Thank you.  Please share the below details
* If you are outside India, mention WhatsApp Number with Country Code
Place of Property / Employment / Legal Issue / Residence / Your City