I want to make OBC certificate, my income is 4 lpa and my father’s income is 7 lpa. So is this feasible to make and can I make it according to my salary or family income is required to make it?


The creamy layer (income) criteria were defined as gross annual income of parents from all sources more than 100,000 rupees (_ or INR defined by Sattanathan committee in 1971) In 1993 when “creamy layer” ceiling was introduced, it was _ 1 lakh.

In order to qualify as an OBC non-creamy layer candidate, the applicantÕs parentsÕ annual income should be less than Rs. 8 lakhs.

Salary and agricultural income are not to be considered as income for calculating annual income for creamy layer status.

As far as the Government employees are considered, the entry cadre/post is to be taken into consideration.

While applying the ÒIncome/Wealth TestÓ to determine creamy layer status of any candidate, income from the salaries and income from the agricultural land shall not be taken into account.

It means that if income from other sources other than the salary and agriculture exceeds the income limit, then only the candidates shall be treated as Creamy Layer.

Yes, it is possible to make OBC certificate.

You will need few doucments, the names of them are mentioned below:

Caste proof – Caste certificate of Father.
Proof of Address – Any of Ration Card, Voter ID, Kirayanam, Telephone Bill, Electricity Bill, Water Bill
Proof of Income (Payslip, Income Certificate, etc) of Father, Mother or Husband.
An affidavit of Rs. 10.00
Report of the concerned Patwari
Photograph of the applicant

Your salary will not be taken into consideration for OBC certificate, and as your father’s income is less than 8 lakh, you will be eligible to get reservation.

Reference: National Commission for Backward Classes Act, 1993



Ask FREE question
Ask Question
Eg - Start with How, Why, What, Should I, When will...? etc
Thank you.  Please share the below details
* If you are outside India, mention WhatsApp Number with Country Code
Place of Property / Employment / Legal Issue / Residence / Your City