How to transfer a case from one city to another?


Transferring of cases from one city to another is possible but this involves a good procedure.The case can be transferred by the Supreme Court of the country only after listening to the facts and if it sees a resonable cause as to transfer the case only then it will transfer the case. You can transfer the case to another city by the way of filing a transfer petition in the Supreme Court of the country. Transfer Petition is a petition filed before the court for the purpose of transferring their case from one court to another court.

The party who intends to get his/her case transferred must file a transfer petition to the court and the court decides whether or not the case is transferable based on relevant grounds. Section 25 of the Code of Civil Procedure enables the Supreme Court to transfer any Case, appeal or other proceedings from High Court or other civil court in one State to a High Court or other civil court in any other State.

This power may be exercised by the Supreme Court if it is satisfied that an order under this Section is expedient for the ends of justice. You need to prove the reason for the transfer and only after the court finds it satisfactory, it will transfer the case. Just mere fact of it being your hometown, and less charge will not be valid.

Reference: Section 25 of the Code of Civil Procedure,1908 and labour laws



Ask FREE question
Ask Question
Eg - Start with How, Why, What, Should I, When will...? etc
Thank you.  Please share the below details
* If you are outside India, mention WhatsApp Number with Country Code
Place of Property / Employment / Legal Issue / Residence / Your City