How to recover money from chit fund?


You will have to file a complaint against the owner of the chit fund under Section 420 for cheating and Section 406 for criminal breach of trust of the Indian Penal Code,1860.
Further, if he is refusing to give you your money then to recover the amount you will have to file a civil suit under the order 37 of the Civil Procedure Code,1908. A Suit for recovery of money is a civil remedy and acts as an effective tool to recover money from the accused.

The suit can be established under Order IV of the Code of Civil Procedure 1908 (CPC). It is generally like a summary suit (Order 37, Code of Civil Procedure) which offers expeditious disposal of the suit as here the defendant is not entitled to defend as a matter of right but only after applying for leave of the court, he can defend. Any document verifying the grant of money from you o the accused is enough to prove the debt.If the contract or agreement is not in writing, a simple civil action will be filed based on the facts and circumstances of the cases. Promissory notes, bank account transactions a contract or other payments so made serve as legal evidence of the lending of such money. Also, Any message, telephonic conversation, mail, or post can serve as proper evidence in the Court of law to prove your debt.

Reference: Section 420 and Section 406 of the Indian Penal Code,1860.
Order 37 of the Civil Procedure Code,1908.



Ask FREE question
Ask Question
Eg - Start with How, Why, What, Should I, When will...? etc
Thank you.  Please share the below details
* If you are outside India, mention WhatsApp Number with Country Code
Place of Property / Employment / Legal Issue / Residence / Your City