How to obtains Missing Chain of Agreements for the property i own?


In situations where documentation of ownership is important, it is often necessary to reconstruct the chain of title. To facilitate this, a record of title documents may be maintained by a registry office. The first thing you need to do is to file an FIR (First Information Report) in the nearest police station if you have lost your property documents.

The prospective buyer of your property or bankers may ask for it in the future. You have to visit the Sub-Registrar office (SRO) where the property is registered and make an application to get a certified copy of Sale Deed. The Registration office has the scanned copy of your Sale Deed with them.

They will ask you to publish an advertisement in National and regional (local) newspaper about the loss of property documents. You have to publish a ÔLost & FoundÕ advertisement in both national and local newspaper, clearly mentioning the details of the lost Document and your contact details. After that you can get an Affidavit prepared on Stamp paper. You have to pay the prescribed fee meant for this purpose at SRO. Enclose the police FIR document, copies of Ads & Affidavit along with the application for copy of Sale deed. The SRO will verify these documents and issue you a legally certified copy of Sale Deed.

Reference: Rules of Sub-Registrar Office



Ask FREE question
Ask Question
Eg - Start with How, Why, What, Should I, When will...? etc
Thank you.  Please share the below details
* If you are outside India, mention WhatsApp Number with Country Code
Place of Property / Employment / Legal Issue / Residence / Your City