How to obtain a legal heir certificate for a UK Citizen?


A legal heir certificate identifies the rightful successors who can claim the assets/properties of the deceased person. There is no need to worry even he is citizen of Uk. You need the proper documents to get the certificate-
Procedure For Obtaining Legal Heir Certificate
¥ To obtain Legal Heir certificate You must approach the area/Taluk Thasildar, or from the corporation/municipality office of your area, and also the District civil court. The certificate names all legal heirs of the deceased person and will be issued to you only after a proper enquiry.
¥ To obtain a Legal Heir Certificate you must follow the steps listed below:
The applicant has to visit the Tehsildar or Taluk office. An alternate option is when the hechooses to approach a lawyer from the District Civil Court.
¥ The applicant will have to obtain the application form from the concerned Tehsildarofficer.
¥ The applicant then will have toenter all the required details in the application form.
¥ Once all the details are entered, the applicant will have to attach all the mandatory documents to the application form.
¥ The applicantwill have toto affix a stamp of Rs. 2 in the application form.
¥ Ones this is done, he applicant has to furnish the application form to the authorized officer in the Tehsildar office.
¥ Thereafter the application is verified by the Village Administrative Officer and Revenue Inspector.
¥ After completing all the verification processes, the certificate will then be issued by the concerned authority mentioning all the legal heirs of the deceased.Generally it takes 30 days to obtain a Legal Heir Certificate but you have to approach the Revenue Division Officer (RDO) or the sub collector if there is an unnecessary delay or the concerned authorities fails to respond.




Ask FREE question
Ask Question
Eg - Start with How, Why, What, Should I, When will...? etc
Thank you.  Please share the below details
* If you are outside India, mention WhatsApp Number with Country Code
Place of Property / Employment / Legal Issue / Residence / Your City