How to get stay order on illegal construction from court?


If there is an illegal construction then, one can go to the municipal corporation of the city and can lodge a complaint with the proper procedure.The municipal corporation will send a notice to the residents/owner of the property. A notice is sent to the person residing in the illegal construction and is given a time period for reply.

The person is also provided sufficient time period by the municipal corporation for obtaining a stay order from the court. If no action has been done by the owner then the construction is liable for demolition. The government has also launched an online portal, through which one can file a complaint against illegal construction.

A person can also file a complaint with police and can take help for prevention of illegal construction. Municipal corporation tribunal has also been set up for resolving the disputes of illegal construction in the city. Its process is faster than courts and one can appeal to the tribunal in the format as prescribed by tribunal rules. For eg. Municipal corporation of Delhi tribunal will look on the matters of demolition or ceiling order which comes under the purview of Section 344, 347 and Section 349 of the Municipal corporation Act.

Reference: Municipal Corporation



Ask FREE question
Ask Question
Eg - Start with How, Why, What, Should I, When will...? etc
Thank you.  Please share the below details
* If you are outside India, mention WhatsApp Number with Country Code
Place of Property / Employment / Legal Issue / Residence / Your City