How to file defamation case againt my wife who has filed false complaint against me?


So here’s my advice to you.
Either the husband or the wife can be harsh, both mentally and physically. Cruelty is one of the grounds for divorce under Section 13(1)(i-a) of the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955, and the party requesting a divorce must show that it has become impossible for the husband and wife to live together.

Many wives accuse their husbands of being unfaithful.

You may certainly pursue a defamation action against her under section 499 of the Indian Penal Code. It states, “Whoever, by words spoken or intended to be read, or by signs or by visible representations, makes or publishes any imputation concerning any person with the intent to harm, or knowing or having reason to believe that such an imputation will harm, the reputation of such person, is said to defame that person, except in the cases hereinafter expected.”

Other than the 498A claims brought by your wife, a defamatory case might be launched. It is premature to proceed against your wife because no finding has been made on the charges she has presented. In addition, the prosecution’s oral evidence of witnesses will be read alongside the documentary evidence.

I recommend that you first hire a lawyer to investigate your case and provide you with all of the information and knowledge you need to prove yourself in court. You must gather solid evidence to prove your case in court, as you bear the burden of proof.

Reference: Case law – Mrs. Deepalakshmi Saehia Zingade v. Sachi Rameshrao Zingadeṅ, Section 13(1) (i-a) of The Hindu Marriage Act, 1955, Section 499 of Indian Penal Code – – AHG172 – 202100581 – 90 – 66 – 202100168202100415878


Ask FREE question
Ask Question
Eg - Start with How, Why, What, Should I, When will...? etc
Thank you.  Please share the below details
* If you are outside India, mention WhatsApp Number with Country Code
Place of Property / Employment / Legal Issue / Residence / Your City