How to file a complaint before the police against a person using a fake university degree?


Under the Indian Penal code, creating a fake certificate can amount to the crime of forgery and making false document. Forgery refers to creating false document and with the intention of causing harm or injury. Using a fake certificate to take up a job, will amount to fraud. Under the Indian Penal Code of 1860, the crime of forgery can be punished with a term of which may two years or fine or both. He can be further punished for knowingly using the fake certificate fraudulently or dishonestly. You can also a file a complaint for fraud under section 420 of the Indian Penal Code of 1860.
You can first inform the company about his fraudulent acts. The company will conduct its own investigation. Second, you can approach the nearest police station and file a complaint under section 463 and 464 of the Indian Penal Code of 1860. You will have to provide evidence such as 1. a copy of the certificate, 2. evidence that the university was giving fake certificate, 3. evidence that he is working for the company. Third, you can file a private criminal suit against him before the first class magistrate court. You will have to approach an advocate to file a criminal suit.

Reference: Indian Penal Code, 1860, section 463, section 464



Ask FREE question
Ask Question
Eg - Start with How, Why, What, Should I, When will...? etc
Thank you.  Please share the below details
* If you are outside India, mention WhatsApp Number with Country Code
Place of Property / Employment / Legal Issue / Residence / Your City