AIl the Heads of Govt. /Govt. Aided/Unaided Recognized schools under Directorate or Education are hereby directed to observe the following procedure for the change in the name of the Father/Mother ofthe Students up to class VIII.
Change in name of the Father/Mother of the student shall he granted provided till’ changes have been admitted by the Court of Law and notified in the Government Gazette. The parents / guardians desirous of applying for change in the name of the Father/Mother of the Student are required submit the following documents:
1. An application (Annexure-l ) from the father/mother or guardian (in case. none of the parents of the student is alive) stating the reasons for changing the name of the parent in the student’s existing personal details with supporting documentary proof.
2. Copy of the order issued by Court of Law granting the change in Father/Mother of the student.
3. Copy ofthe Government Gazette in which the change in the name of the Father/Mother of
the student is notified
4. The birth certificate of the student stating name of the parents.
5. For establishing relationship with the student:
¥ Self Attested copy of Adhar Card of the Student.
¥ Self Attested copy of Adhar Card of Father/Mother.
6. Any one of following (for residence proof)
¥ Self Attested copy of Food Security Card clearly mentioning the name of child and parent.
¥ Self Attested copy of Voter Identity Card of Father/Mother.
7. Self Attested copy of SC/ST/OBC Certificate of Father/Mother ( If any)
Reference: Section 6 in The Hindu Adoptions and Maintenance Act, 1956