How do I get a copy of an old divorce decree in India? How Do I need a divorce certificate to remarry in India? How Is divorce certificate mandatory in India? What is divorce certificate called? How can I check my divorce certificate online in India? How Can court marriage be done twice? How Can I marry again after divorce? How Can I marry again without divorce? How Can I get divorce without going to court in India? How Can wife ask for maintenance without divorce? How Can a wife live separately without divorce? How long does it take to get divorce decree in India?


When divorce proceedings comes to an end, then apply complete certified copy of your case file. Then go to court room / judge room, ask for copy of decree, then as per law you will get copy of decree free of cost. Make your signature in entry register.You can approach the family court where your marriage was solemnised. You can file a petition regarding all these, and the court will send a notice to your ex-wife to appear before the court.

Though she refuses to appear the court you will get the justice on exparte basis.Yes. You’ll need to present your divorce decree or certificate of dissolution from your previous marriage. If you no longer have a copy, your lawyer can order you another one.See as per law you need to file for the divorce to get legally separated. Registration of marriage is not mandatory in India. Even unregistered marriages have full legal validity.

Therefore, getting a decree of divorce is essential to dissolve the marriage even if it was unregistered.The decree absolute is the final decree which actually dissolves the marriage. Once this has been granted you are ‘divorced’. Sometimes people are advised to await the approval of a financial settlement before applying for their decree absolute.

Reference: Hindu marriage act – 202100499-20210042-8455



Ask FREE question
Ask Question
Eg - Start with How, Why, What, Should I, When will...? etc
Thank you.  Please share the below details
* If you are outside India, mention WhatsApp Number with Country Code
Place of Property / Employment / Legal Issue / Residence / Your City