Can mother in law file a domestic violence case against daughter in law?


1. For the Mother in law;

You can visit a mahila police station and report a case of Domestic Violence in opposition to your daughter in law.

You need to right now report an FIR for cruelty, insulting modesty of a lady and home violence in the (mahila) police station, below Section 498A, 509 of the Indian Penal Code and home violence below Section three the Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act, in any jurisdiction/ in which you presently reside

To complain against harassment;
You can pick to visit the nearby police station of your jurisdiction, of the marital home, or in which you’ve got got presently taken refuge shape the violence.

Make an oral grievance which the police will document it in writing and acquire your signature or well known a written grievance with that police station.

An FIR could be made and you’ll be given a duplicate copy.

After the FIR, the police will provide a observe to the accused to document their statements and or maybe arrest them.

2. For the Daughter in law;

You will need to get an order to quash the FIR put up it in conjunction with your affidavits/ statements together along with your attorney withinside the court.

If you sense all her allegations to be fake and influenced then you could report an FIR below Section 182, 211 and 503 of the Indian Penal Code, 1860, which offers with ‘fake price with an reason to injure an individual / with assist of public servant and crook intimidation.

You will need to shield the case with the aid of using proving which you in no way pressured her.
Hire an excellent defence attorney for the job.”

Reference: Section 498A, 509 of the Indian Penal Code,1860;

Section 3 the Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act, 2005;

Section 182, 211 and 503 of the Indian Penal Code, 1860 – – AHG270 – 202100553 – 142 – 140 – 202100105202100423697


Ask FREE question
Ask Question
Eg - Start with How, Why, What, Should I, When will...? etc
Thank you.  Please share the below details
* If you are outside India, mention WhatsApp Number with Country Code
Place of Property / Employment / Legal Issue / Residence / Your City