Can i apply for govt job after being acquitted in a criminal case?


In my view there is no impediment for you to apply and get job in a government department since you are acquitted of above charges. But if there is a declaration you have to make you should mention these. As you got acquitted, there is no issues. But, You should disclose this on the employment application form. If you hide then it may create issues in the future. And, you did not mention the reason for why you acquitted.If you are acquitted then it is proved that you are not guilty. Regarding government job it depends on the what kind of job you are looking for ant what is the rules and regulation in that government organisation.

If they do your background verification then you will get caught. Hence, in the form which you fill in the application itself you have to mention that whether have you gone under criminal case or imprisonment and then it is the discretion of the organisation to select you as per the norms so attach your acquittal order copy also and request. On the employment form you need to fill details of your arrest and the case. There are certain factors we need to discuss to check whether you are eligible for government job. Even if you ineligible still there are ways to make you qualify legally.

Reference: The law governing the case is Art. 41 of the Indian Constitution: ‘The State shall, within the limits of its economic capacity and development make effective provision for securing the right to work, to education and to public assistance in cases of unemployment, old age, sickness and disablement and in other cases of undeserved want, Article 23.1 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights states: (1) Everyone has the right to work, to free choice of employment, to just and favourable conditions of work and to protection against unemployment.



Ask FREE question
Ask Question
Eg - Start with How, Why, What, Should I, When will...? etc
Thank you.  Please share the below details
* If you are outside India, mention WhatsApp Number with Country Code
Place of Property / Employment / Legal Issue / Residence / Your City